Our 2016 Accreditation survey allowed us to showcase the very best of Osler and the work we do every day to serve patients and families.
Collectively we met an amazing 99.5 per cent of almost 3,200 Accreditation standards – the highest we have ever achieved. We were also awarded no fewer than seven Leading Practice designations and one Commendable Practice designation from Accreditation Canada
- Hands App Electronic Hand Hygiene/PPE Auditing Tool Program: (IPAC)
- Osler Suicide Interview Checklist: (Mental Health)
- Individualized Summary for use in Long Term Care: (Ethics)
- Checklist to Meet Legal and Ethical Obligations: (Ethics)
- Cultivating Collaboration across the Continuum of Care through Diverse Clinical and Community Partnerships: (Health Equity & Inclusion)
- The Power of Diversity Change Champions for Safe, Equitable and Quality Health Care: (Health Equity & Inclusion)
- Cleanliness-and-Fluorescent-Marker-Audit-Practice: (Environmental Services)
- Patient Inspired Ethical Framework
Leading practice designations are not easy to come by. They must meet at least two requirements: we do something that no one else in Canada does, and we do something unique or better than anyone else in the country. A Commendable Practice award is also a formal recognition of a best practice for Osler; one that will serve as an example for other organizations.
“Leading practices are noteworthy examples of high-quality leadership and service delivery,” said Tony Raso, Interim Director, Clinical Practice and Quality. “They are a testament to Osler’s commitment to innovative practice and essentially help raise the bar for quality within health care.”
These Leading Practices showcase some of the incredible work that Osler staff, physicians and volunteers do and highlight our collective focus on providing patient-inspired health care without boundaries each and every day.